Due to the fact that most of the shows we provide services to are held in Mexico, the original documents are written in Spanish in accordance to the Mexican Law System.
Click to see the original Spanish version
REGARDING THE PERSONAL DATA OF CUSTOMERS OF ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. DE C.V.
Table of Contents
- I. Responsible Party
- II. Purposes of Policy
- III. Ways in which Personal Data may be Obtained
- IV. Consent for the Use of Personal Data
- V. User-Provided Personal Data/Information
- VII. Data Protection
- VIII. Transfer of Personal Data
- IX. CAMO Rights
- X. Microsites, Web Pages, and Chat Service
- XI. Collection of Information by Third Parties
- XIII. Contact
I. RESPONSIBLE PARTY.
II.I The purposes for which ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. DE C.V. may request, obtain, store and/or use or transfer Personal Data are as follows:
- The registration or approval of visitors, exhibitors, and attendees to private and public events, meetings and conventions for marketing, advertising, and commercial purposes;
- The development of marketing projects, preparation of market studies and commercial/social behavior;
- The issuing of invoices and/or the generation of receipts for attendance at all events for which ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS S. DE R.L. de C.V. is contracted;
- The issuing of invoices and the generation of receipts corresponding to the rental of equipment and/or computer programs and automatic identification programs for research purposes for private and public events, conferences, and conventions for which ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS S. DE R.L. de C.V. has been hired;
- To effect charges for the payment of services with all corresponding financial institutions;
- The identification of attendees regarding future events;
- The communication of discounts and promotions;
- To personalize the user experience when visiting our microsites and/or web pages and/or mobile applications or when attending private and public events and conventions in order to better respond to the user’s individual needs;
- To improve the offers found on our microsites and web pages;
- Answering complaints and clarifying requests for the services we offer;
- To improve customer service and effectively respond to support needs;
- For conducting surveys and/or contests or giveaways;
- To occasionally send informational messages concerning the company, related products and services, as well as updates to any outstanding purchase orders.
III. WAYS IN WHICH ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS MAY OBTAIN PERSONAL DATA.
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V., gathers information when a purchase order is made, when someone subscribes to our newsletter, when someone downloads or uses one of our applications, when someone answers a survey, and/or when someone fills out one of our forms to register for an exhibition, event, or convention for which ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V. has been contracted to provide a service. Information is gathered in the following manner:
- In Person: ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V., may obtain Personal Data through its own administrative staff, or through its duly accredited representatives. In both cases, a previous information request will be made to the owner of the data through the website www.acob.com so that the Owner of the data has all necessary information for the owner’s own security.
IV. CONSENT FOR THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA.
IV.I Sensitive Personal Information.
In the specific case of Sensitive Personal Data, ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V. shall require express and written consent where use of the data is authorized through the Owner’s written signature, electronic signature, or any other means of authentication.
Consent for the use of Personal Data will not be required when:
- Such use is authorized by Law;
- The data appears in public sources;
- Personal Data was previously released;
- Use of the data is required pursuant to obligations arising from the legal relationship between the Owner and ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS S. DE R.L. de C.V.;
- There is an emergency situation that could potentially harm an individual in his or her person or property;
- A court or other binding order is issued.
V. REQUESTED PERSONAL DATA.
V.I Personal Information.
- Name or Registered/Business Name
- Personal, work, branch and/or billing address
- Purchase profile
- Contact phone number(s)
- Contact Email(s)
- Payment method such as credit card numbers, expiration dates, validation codes
- General interests
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S.R.L de C.V. and/or its service providers may, on a discretionary basis, transfer small files called "Cookies" to the hard disks of the computers of visitors/users to the website and/or our microsites via the Browser that such visitors/users are using (if cookies are enabled) allowing our sites or our service providers to recognize the users’ browser, as well as store and remember certain information such as: the items users have placed in their shopping cart, user preferences for future visits as well as to compile information about site traffic, interactions on the site, etc., so that we can offer a better experience and better tools in the future.
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S.R.L de C.V. and/or its suppliers, through the reading of bar codes, Bluetooth transmission devices, Radio Frequency or any other identification technology, and in order to improve the users' experience, will be able to identify with whom and when any type of business contact may be made or whether users are interested in some type of product. If you prefer, you can disable the "Bluetooth" and "WiFi" function of your devices including computers, smartphones and tablets. Turning these features off may lose connection with other applications.
Our products and services are aimed at individuals at least 13 years of age, so in no case do we take information from someone who claims to be under 13 years of age. The foregoing is in accordance with the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act.
VI. STORAGE OF DATA.
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V., stores Personal Data for the period of time required to perform the service for which the data was collected. The data is stored at IWEB located at 20 Place du Commerce, Nun's Island, Montreal, Quebec , H3E 1Z6, Canada.
VII. DATA PROTECTION.
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V., has adopted sufficient levels of security for all Personal Data including certain additional methodologies, using most current versions, as well as technical measures such as software encrypted confidential information and controlled access to personal information, restricted users, security policies, users and passwords, and other systems oriented to avoid the misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of personal data provided to ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V., and therefore ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V. is not responsible for any damages or losses that may result from any interferences, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, telephone breakdowns or disconnections in the operation of electronic systems, due to causes not within the control of ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V.
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V. transmits all credit card information via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology which is then further encrypted in our Database accessible only by authorized persons with special access rights to our systems, with such authorized persons having to maintain at all times such information as confidential. After a transaction has been made, credit card information is not stored on our servers, except for the last 4 digits of the card related to the purchase for use in any and all accounting audits.
VIII. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA.
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V., does not sell, market or transfer data to third parties. This does not include third parties who assist us in the operation of our website or company and/or provide services to our customers, as long as these parties agree to keep confidential all information received. Likewise, we inform you that we may transfer this information to third parties when authorized, when we consider that delivering it is appropriate to comply with current law, or to protect our rights, our property, our security or third parties. In all cases, no identifiable information will be given for marketing, promotion or other purposes. In specific compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act, the personal or public information received will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason without the express consent of the owner of the same except cases where such sale, etc., is required to enable the delivery of some benefit that has been purchased for our benefit.
IX. CAMO RIGHTS.
"Right to Cancel, Access, Modify, or Oppose."
The Owners of all Personal Data in the possession of ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V. may, at any time, exercise their rights to cancel, access, modify, or oppose use of their data (CAMO rights).
In order to assert any CAMO right in a manner compliant with the California Online Privacy Protection Act, the asserters of such rights are hereby notified that they must make a request pursuant to the requirements identified below:
- The name and address/email of the Owner in order to respond to your request;
- Documents proving the identity of the Owner, or where applicable, the authority of the legal representative acting on the Owner’s behalf;
- A clear and precise description of the Personal Data for which the Owner seeks to exercise any of the aforementioned rights;
- Any other item or document that facilitates the location of the Personal Data of the Owner;
- A clear specification that the request is for access, modification, cancellation or opposition;
- The reason for the request; and
- The modifications to be made in case the request is for a modification of Personal Data.
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS S. DE R.L. de. C.V. will respond to such request in the manner established in articles 28 to 35 of Federal Law regarding the Protection of Personal Data held by Individuals and will advise the requesting party within 20 (twenty) calendar days, counted from the date we received the request, whether the request is granted, and that any action taken in granting the request will be effective within 15 (fifteen) days of the date in which the decision is communicated.
You are informed that ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS S. DE R.L. de. C.V. may expand the aforementioned deadlines when the particular circumstances of the case so warrant. Such deadline expansion will be communicated to the Owner in the same medium through which the CAMO request was made.
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V. may deny a request to Cancel, Access, Modify, or Oppose in the following cases:
- When the applicant is not the Owner of the personal data, or the legal representative making a request is not duly authorized to do so;
- When the applicant's personal data is not found in the database;
- When the rights of a third party are violated;
- When there is a legal impediment, or an Order of a competent legal authority restricts access to the personal data or otherwise does not allow the modification, cancellation or opposition of the same;
- When modification, cancellation or opposition have been previously made.
X. MICROSITES, WEB PAGES AND CHAT SERVICE.
ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V. provides a "chat" service on some product pages and/or microsites. In this context, ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, represents that for no reason will it store, sell, rent, market or transfer any personal information or information derived from the chat traffic to third parties outside of its business operations. ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V., only makes available the chat link and for no reason introduces any content within the chat, so it will not be responsible for any content, misuse, or irregularity that occurs in the chat platforms.
XI. COMPILATION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES.
The website www.acob.com may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different from those of our website and the services, content, information and/or administration of such sites are not the responsibility of ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V.
Likewise, ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V., shall not be responsible for the protection and use of Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data that the Owner provides to these third parties.
Therefore, it is the responsibility of the Owner to review the privacy policies of third parties regarding their use of any Personal Data or Sensitive Personal Data of the Owner. Also, ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V., will under no circumstances be responsible for the use of Personal Data by any other website.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please direct communications to the Corporate Privacy Officer or the Personal Data Officer, who has been specifically appointed by ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V. to respond to any requests related to the processing and use of Personal Data.
The Corporate Privacy Officer of ACOB TECNOLOGÍA DE DATOS, S. DE R.L. de C.V. is Miguel Ángel Rubén Carrasco de la Fuente and/or Jorge Flores Escobar.